Get Spinal Replacement helpful to Damaged Vertebra with Artificial Spine
What is Spinal Disc Replacement Surgery in India?
Spinal Disc Replacement Surgery in India is one of the most innovative and modern treatments which is now available at all the network hospitals under Spine Surgery India. The surgeon at these hospitals performs this surgery in which they will remove the disc between two vertebrae and then packed the space with bone graft. In the meantime, the bone creates a solid bony bridge across the two vertebrae. The previously painful segment is made pain free by doing away with movement.
What is the Purpose to Perform Spinal Disc Replacement Surgery in India?
The reasons for choosing to the Spinal Disc Replacement Surgery in India may vary for each individual according to their health condition. If non-surgical treatments such as medication, injections, or physical therapy are unable to reduce the pain then the spine surgeon will recommend the Spinal Disc Replacement Surgery in India to give relief from pain. There are several conditions due to which you will not receive the Spinal Disc Replacement Surgery in India such conditions as spondylolisthesis, vertebral body fracture, osteoporosis, allergy to the materials in the device, spinal infection, spinal tumour, changes of the facet joints, morbid obesity, significant pregnancy, use of steroid or autoimmune problems.
Why Spinal Disc Replacement Surgery in India prefer over spinal fusion?
Earlier to treat the condition of the spine the only option was spinal fusion, however, spinal fusion is a procedure which creates wear and tears in the adjacent areas of the spine. Spinal fusion is an effective and safe procedure, but it always compromises with the long term flexibility and mobility of the patient’s spine.
With the advancement in medical science, the artificial Spinal Disc Replacement Surgery in India has been improved to such a great extent and now people prefer this procedure as an effective and safe treatment option for spinal disc degeneration over spinal fusion.
Artificial spinal discs replacement is a procedure which preserves mobility in the spinal column, and also protects the mobility of a normal healthy spine.
What the patients can expect from an artificial spinal disc?
These artificial spinal discs replacement is a procedure which helps to improve mobility in a segment of the spine that has been affected by disc degeneration. Also, the patient will get relief from pain and resume their normal activities. Both the procedures of spinal fusion and the artificial disc replacement provide pain relief and stability. According to the study, the spinal fusion is a procedure where the vertebrae surrounding the disc space are immobilized due to which the flexibility of the patient’s spine is limited, whereas, it has been found through a long research that patients who have undergone for the artificial spinal disc replacement surgery have more movement in the spine. The surgeons at the hospitals under Spine Surgery India says that majority of spinal issue patients experience the decrease in pain after undergoing the artificial spinal disc replacement surgery and they are gradually able to increase their level of routine activities.
Who needs for Spinal Replacement?
At Spine Surgery India, spinal replacement is recommended for those who have:
- Back pain thought to be caused mostly from one or two intervertebral disks in lumbar spine
- No major facet joint disease or bony compression on nerves
- Not excessively overweight
- No prior major surgery in the lumbar spine
Why to Spinal Replacement?
Spinal Replacement surgery is used to get recommended if:
- The source of your back pain mostly happens from only 1 or 2 disks in the spine.
- You have no noteworthy joint disease or compression on the nerves.
- You are not very overweight.
- You have not had spinal surgery before.
- You do not have the spinal deformity.
Risks to Spinal Replacement
- Infection of the area surrounding the artificial disk
- Dislocation of the artificial disk
- Implant untying or wear
- Narrowing of spine owing to the breakdown of spinal bones
- Problems related with a badly placed implant
- Stiffness of the spine
Before the Surgery
Before the Surgery
- Before the surgery, your doctor may execute many tests to decide if the nature of your back pain is appropriate for a spinal replacement surgery.
- This may start with X-rays, imaging tests (Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) or Computerized Tomography (CT)) to make out the true nature and extent of your back pain and spinal damage.
- If you take any medication, ten talk with your doctor about what medications you should or shouldn’t take leading up to the procedure.
After the Surgery
After the Surgery
- You can expect to stay in the hospital for 2-4 days after spinal replacement surgery.
- You will probably be shown how to do exercises for your midsection, such as gentle trunk twists. This will keep your spine lithe and direct to quicker recovery.
- As your recovery grows, you will be supported to walk and stretch.
- Talk with your doctor if needed to any medical assistance.