If you’ve been diagnosed with spinal stenosis, then the first thing is that you should meet your Spine surgeon because for some people the condition is a minor inconvenience and only a few small changes are needed, however, for others it is debilitating to the point that immediate treatment is a required. Your surgeon will first examine you properly and accordingly, they will suggest the best Spine Surgery India treatment for Cervical Spinal Stenosis.
The team of your professionals will not only consider your diagnosis and medical history, but they will also consider your personal preferences and individual responsibility towards the treatment. With the advancement in medical science the symptoms of spinal stenosis can often be managed by using the nonsurgical therapies, but in some cases, the surgical procedure is required to provide the relief from pain. You need to choose the best spine surgeon who will work together with you and who respectfully considers your feedback regarding what works for you and what doesn’t.
Treatments for Cervical Spinal Stenosis
A) Non-Surgical treatments for Cervical Spinal Stenosis:
A clinic for Spine Surgery India offers the best non-surgical treatments for Cervical Spinal Stenosis and these are as follows:
• Medication:Your surgeon will prescribe some common painkillers such as aspirin, ibuprofen, acetaminophen, and naproxen which can be taken for the shorter period of time to get relief from the pain and all these medicines are available in low doses without any written prescription. Other medications, such as muscle relaxants and anti-seizure medications treat aspects of spinal stenoses, such as muscle spasms and damaged nerves.
• Anaesthetics:Your surgeon will use the Anaesthetics with precision, an injection of a nerve block which can stop the pain for the shorter period.
• Corticosteroid injections:This is an injection through which your surgeon will inject a steroid such as prednisone into your neck or back muscle. The purpose of giving the steroids is to make the inflammation go down. However, because of its side effects, they are used sparingly.
• Assistive devices:To help you in moving your surgeon might advise you to use braces, a walker or a corset.
• Exercise:The best non-surgical therapy is the exercise which can improve your flexibility, strength, and balance. A clinic for Spine Surgery India will recommend you to have the best physical therapist that will help you in moving.
B) Surgical treatments for Cervical Spinal Stenosis:
A clinic for Spine Surgery India offers the best surgical treatments for Cervical Spinal Stenosis when other treatments are failed to provide the desired outcome. The aim of the spine surgeon is to perform the surgery includes relieving the pressure on your spinal cord or nerve roots by creating more space within your spinal canal.
The following are some examples of surgical procedure to treat the Cervical Spinal Stenosis:
• Laminotomy:This is a Spine Surgery India procedure to treat the condition of Cervical Spinal Stenosis where the surgeon will remove only a portion of the lamina, to relieve the pressure in a particular spot.
• Laminectomy:This is a procedure which is used to treat the condition of Cervical Spinal Stenosis in which your surgeon will remove the back part of the affected vertebra. Sometimes this surgery is called as decompression surgery because it eases the pressure on the nerves by creating more space around them.
There are cases where your surgeon will link the vertebra to adjoining vertebrae by using metal hardware and a bone graft to maintain the strength of your spine.
• Laminoplasty:This is a procedure which your surgeon will perform only on the vertebrae in the neck. With this procedure, they will open up space within your spinal canal by creating a hinge on your lamina. With the use of the metal hardware, they create a gap in the opened section of the spine.
• Minimally invasive surgery:This is the best Spine Surgery India approach where your surgeon will remove the bone or lamina in a way which reduces the damage to the area nearby your healthy tissues in your body. This results in less need to do fusions.
According to study, the fusions are a useful way which helps to stabilize your spine and also reduces the pain, by avoiding them you can reduce potential risks, such as inflammation, post-surgical pain, and disease in nearby areas of your spine. To reduce the need for the spinal fusion the spine surgery surgeon prefers, a minimally invasive approach as this shows the better results and requires the short period of time to recover from the pain.